Monday, October 26, 2009

So Blessed....

We feel so blessed. Never in our wildest dreams did we think that people would really understand our journey and celebrate our journey the way it has been. After all the struggles, all the tears, all the disappointments, the losses, I mean through it all you learn that some people will never get it, will never understand. But maybe just maybe my struggles, my story, my lessons learned over the years has touched some and really got into their spirit. Well now they may think twice about saying something hurtful to someone still trying, or giving advice that really is not useful or just saying comments that sting to the core when you’ve been trying for so long and have experienced losses along the way.

Anyway, I’m rambling. I’m just in awe of the generosity of others. After having four showers I had to take pictures, to remember the selflessness of others, and the generosity of others and the wiliness of others to celebrate in this Miracle of life with us.

From family to friends to co-workers we are so thankful.

Even my FF’s who sent lovely gifts (you know who you are) would bring tears to my eyes as I opened your gifts. I thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart, we are so thankful!


This was her closet before the showers. I think I bought maybe 4 or 5 outfits and the shoes. But my girlfriend sent me the rest of the clothes:

View from Nursery Door:






















4 comments:

Mon said...

oh wow that is a baby shower with big S !! You are indeed blessed ! Btw we have the same bathtub but dont like it. The baby bangs her head left and right and she keeps sliding down and arches. We got another one, the one without inbuilt seat and use it with a mesh holder. Works better. Plus we can use it when she can sit on her own on the balcony in the summer, too ...

P.S. what are yo going to do with all that stuff, are you going to organize it? LOL ... im asking cause my full time job now is organizing baby clothes and stuff, i seem to be doing it all the time the baby is busy playing or sleeping. We have too much stuff !

Alicia_B said...

Holy Cow - you guys got SO much stuff - isn't it amazing how generous people are. You are going to have so much fun organizing all of that!

Rae said...

Wow how nice of them! That's a great start for baby. Here's a tip I learned as a new mom of a 3 month old. DON'T open all that stuff and wash it all. That's what I did. You wouldn't believe how much you won't use. I opened all my stuff, washed most of it, and had to pack half of it away unused since I couldn't exchange it. I thought I was doing the right thing because I'm a planner and I like everything to be right and in its place. Big mistake. Had I not done that, I could've traded them in and gotten bigger sleepers.
Glad you had fun!

Christina said...

So sweet. :) Guess you don't need any clothes huh? ;)