After my failed cycle I took a long break. During this break I said that I was done TTC. We had paid out of pocket for the past cycle that ended in a chemical and we will be paying on it for quite sometime. Then a blessing happened and DH's job started offering IVF coverage. 4 to be exact. I took this opportunity and ran with it, because I would never want to have that what if feeling when I had the extra chances there.
So with the new chances came a renewed hope.
I started looking for different RE's who could possible give us a better chance. I wanted to go to CCRM but they were not covered under the insurance. I then looked at SIRM and spoke with Dr. Sher. He is covered and he wants me to do CGH testing which means I would do ER then freeze while the CGH testing is taking place then do a frozen transfer like 6 weeks later. However, with insurance this will use 2 of my attempts. Option 1.
I then set up an appointment with Dr. Slayden at RBA, (the same place my last RE was at) who at my last transfer was going to do my transfer but it was a change of plans. However, during this scheduled transfer that never took place that day he recommended going on Depot Lupron for 3 months then transfer. He wanted me to freeze at that point and come back. That was not going down. For one I was sitting on the table naked, mentally prepared to have my embies transferred into me and I didn't want to leave empty handed or with an empty uterus. But he made suggestions on switching up some meds, doing depot lupron for 3 months and some more things covered in another post. I decided to take him up on this offer. I'm on depot lupron now and due to cycle again in March.
However, I was still keeping my options open because I said if this cycle didn't work, that I would most likely travel to have my next cycle.
A fellow FFer recommended Dr. Levy at Shady Grove in Maryland. I had a phone consultation with him today. And now to the title of my post - And Check....that is one more thing checked off my list to do. Dr. Levy made my decision so easy to be able to scratch his name off of my possibility list.
He made it clear that I have been to two great IVF centers and I haven't been able to get pregnant. In his words "that worries him". HEELLLOOO..thats why I'm searching for someone who maybe has something to offer me. I guess he don't want me messing up his stats...you know since two great places in ATL haven't been able to get me pregnant. But basically the only thing he would change in my cycle is to add Lovenox which is already happening the cycle coming up. My appointment was made like 2 months out and he really could have given that time to someone else. Because it was useless to me. First of all the conversation started off badly. He asked me to give him a run down of my history. I asked him if he received my medical files I sent him. He said oh let me check. The files were there like I knew they would be because I personally mailed them myself. I would have thought he would have taken time to read through my file BEFORE the phone consult but no...the first time he placed his hand on my file was when I asked if he had it. So he briefly reads through my file as I'm sitting on the phone waiting. He says I'm trying to read through the file, but its like 200 or so pages, you have a huge file to be just 26. Um, yeah I know! So that irritated me to begin with and then with his exaggeration, because it wasn't 200 pages! But anyway....and check...that is done.
So if this cycle is a failure....looks like I'll be traveling to Vegas to see what Dr. Sher has to offer me. I'm praying I won't need it, but I love to have a plan in place.