Saturday, February 16, 2008

Fert Report

I'm beyond PISSED!!!!

Got the call from the lab and the lab idiots decided not to do ICSI on all the eggs like they were supposed to and split the eggs up did ICSI on half and let the others TRY to fertilize on their own. My last IVF we had ICSI done on all the eggs and my doctor knew this so why would they leave it to chance for my last freaking IVF. I'm so mad I don't even know what to say.

Because of this we only have 3 fertilized - yep thats right! Only 3! I don't even know what to say. And please save the it only takes one because thats the last freaking thing I want to hear right now. I swear it is always something!

So provided these 3 grow and divide as they should....needless to say all 3 will be transferred with a 3DT on Monday.

Update:

I had two options today:

1 – I could sit in bed and cry all day and feel sorry for myself or
2 – I could get up, dry my tears, get dressed and go to my church dedication service.

I chose number 2 and it was the best decision I could have made. I was reminded in church that this is not my fight but from the very beginning I put it all in God’s hands. God is watching over my 3 babies who I have officially named Pooh, Tigger, and Piglet. I will not allow myself to get worked up and stressed out over this cycle but I will continue to pray as I have been and keep the faith that I will get my healthy baby or two that I’ve been praying for.

But to add - I asked the nurse when she called why they didn't ISCI all of them and she said the paper work said for lab discretion and obvisously the lab didn't look at my history to know that ICSI was needed for all last time. This will be something to discuss next week, but for now I'm just trying to clear my mind and focus on my 3 babies that I have growing.

5 comments:

soul-quest said...

Firstly, I wanted to thank you for your encouraging words on my Blog, and second, I would be SO pissed as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When people decide to think for themselves!@#$%^& And what a stunning harvest to start off with - 17!!! Brilliant, I will be thinking of you and wish you 'your turn' this time.
Lianne

Anonymous said...

OMG, they should have told you BEFORE they changed the plan. I am so sorry. Please take care! I will send all kinds of positive thoughts for your transfer!!!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

OMG, I am SO angry for you!!! I would tear the clinic a new one for sure...I hope you get some of your $$ back at lease! ((hugs))

Soapchick said...

Tashida - they need to give you a refund or an entire next IVF PLUS MEDS Free. That is ridiculous. I hope a miracle occurs with those 3, but if not you need to stand up for yourself. You are in my prayers darling.

The Beauty Junkie said...

WOW just wanted to say hello and I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I would be pist too. I'm still in my IUI phase and my name is Kenya at blogspot.babybevans.org.

I really hope that your babies transfer and develop successfully.