Tuesday, August 5, 2008

So far so good!

My appointment was bright and early this morning at 7 a.m. My lining was 6.2 and I had a 10 in the right and a 8 in the left. Both had more smaller ones but they don't measure them until they are bigger. I must say I left the office feelings kind of blaze blaze thinking that history was repeating itself.

I looked back at the results from my last IVF....IVF#3 and on Day 5 I only have one measurable follie which was a 10...just like this morning. My E2 was only 73. I was like oh no God, please don't let this be another repeat. So I get to work and I'm searching and searching and searching about E2 numbers and trying to find what an acceptable level for Day 5 should be and I found something that said over 100 should be good. So I was reasoning with God saying okay God I will be happy if my E2 is 150. A couple of hours later I reasoned again and said well God actually I will be happy if my E2 is 175.

I just wanted to know that this new protocol I'm on and all these changes I've been doing were helping. Well after looking at my phone a couple of hundred times it finally rung and said my RE office number....YES, about time!

Nancy (my nurse) and I have quite a history and unfortunately she has been the one to break bad news to me on more than one occasion. But not this time! She said you're doing awesome...I was like really, she said yep your E2 is 378. I was like WOOHOO! She was like just for comparison, this time last cycle it was only 73. I said now Nancy you know I have been back over all my numbers and have been analyzing it all back and forth....she was like yeah I know.

So I told her I told myself I would be happy if it was 175 and it was double that! So I was thrilled! I just had a feeling that it would be low and she would tell me to up my meds and skip the appointment for tomorrow and come back Thursday, but nope I was wrong! She told me to stay on the same dose and come in tomorrow for my appointment. Bright and early at 7 a.m. Feels good to be wrong sometimes! I just pray the good news keep coming! I keep telling myself....This is my month! THIS IS MY MONTH!

Recap:

Lining: 6.2mm
Right: 10 (+ some smaller ones)
Left: 8 (+ some smaller ones)
E2: 378

6 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

OH YAY!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

Amy said...

Sounds like you and I are on almost the same timetable. Yesterday was my day 6 of stims. My E2 was 393...so it sounds like you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

This sounds great!!! Since you are a few weeks ahead of me for this cycle, I'm hanging on your every word.

RB said...

I am SO pulling for you girl!

The Beauty Junkie said...

Wow good luck!

Jennifer said...

I am so happy for you! THIS IS YOUR MONTH!!!!!!