Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not triggering....

Right: 21, 21, 20, 20, 19, 18, 17, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 13, 11
Left: 21, 20, 19, 19, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 11, 10


So got another call from the doctor however this one wasn't as good at the others.

My E2 went up even further to 7092 from 6346 yesterday. Not a huge jump but a jump regardless. He doesn't want to trigger me today because he said that is too high and he doesn't want me to get sick. He mentioned doing the retrieval but not transferring and freezing them all for a FET later. Which sucks because it will use two of my paid IVF attempts with insurance. Insurance will charge the Egg Retrieval as one attempt and the Embryo transfer as another attempt using 2 of my 4. He said their % rates for FET last year was 88.4% so a high success rate. He said some studies have shown too high of an E2 level may hurt the pregnancy success rates and he doesn't want to coast longer than 3 days because that may hurt the chances as well because the quality of the embryos may start to break down. He wants to coast me for one more day to see if my E2 comes down then trigger me tomorrow. He said he definitely doesn't want to do the double trigger anymore because it will push my levels even higher. I asked what if my E2 go up again tomorrow instead of coming down he said we could still trigger you but if you are showing any signs of being sick when its time for transfer we will freeze them all no matter how bad you want them back in you. He said you've had high levels before and haven't got sick so your body may be used to the high levels and able to fight off OHSS. He said the main priority now is my safety. Told me to keep my spirits up...he was like do you hear me, I don't want you being down I still want you to be positive because the cycle is still going really good. He said I don't mind the 21's going to 23's and you still have some 18's and 17's and 16's that still have room to grow, so they can go one more day. I was like yeah I hear you its just after waiting so long for something to start and nothing can ever go right. He then says again that I have a lot of good looking follies and worse case scenario we can freeze all and do a FET later. So back in tomorrow for the same thing all over again....just don't know whats going to happen after that.

9 comments:

Michele said...

Dammit. I'm so sorry. I know that isnt what you wanted to hear. But all hope is NOT lost. This could still go well!!! Dont give up faith, girl!

Keeping you close in prayer tonight.

Rebecca said...

I hate to hear this! I hope you can stay positive even though it must be so tough. Waiting until another cycle for a FET definitely sucks.

One thing to consider, a FET cycle isn't as expensive so maybe you could do that out of pocket and save the insurance funded cycle for a fresh cycle (and hopefully never need it!).

Keeping you in my prayers. I hope tomorrow you get better news.

Molly said...

T, im so sorry... but hes rihgt, the FET does have higher success actually, because the body is rested. So he sounds like he knows what hes doing. Just one quick q.. when yourinsurance counts ET as one cycle, wouldnt be worth paying for that part out of your packet so you can save that cycle in case you need it next time? I mean it's like 10x cheaper to do the FET and its a waste to waste using insurance for it...??

Boa said...

OH man! Im sorry hun, but like your doctor said, its not over yet and you still have a good chance on continue with this cycle. Stay positive, do what you need to do to help your body do what it should. And if you do have to do the FET your chances are better like he said. I know thats not what you want to do because you want to have another paid IVF in case this one wont work. BUT IT WILL!! We are praying for you!!

Pepper said...

Here's hoping that your E2 doesn't prevent a fresh transfer this cycle. But if it does, I can think of at least one other blogger who had to do something similar and her FET worked.

Hang in there.

A n T said...

Thanks Ladies.....

About paying out of pocket. Asked that too. Insurance looks at all ART attempts through the lifetime that you are under their policy. Even if I pay out of pocket they can count that as one of my attempts even though they didn't pay for it becaue its lifetime attempts.

Flower said...

Update us when you can ((HUGS))

Praying that your E2 is okay to go on this cycle.

Alison said...

Hope you got better E2 news today.
And FET has worked (albeit briefly) for you in the past, so that should give you a little hope? - but I know how frustrated you are with having even more waiting. I'm so sorry.

Molly said...

Ok thanks for clarifying, i was always wondernig (saw your new post about answernig the questions) That totally sux. But having actually a mental breakdown caused by insurance myself and them deniying a perfectly eligible claim when i had to go on sick leave for 5 months, why am i surprised to hear that... In that case that makes sense you squeeze them as much as you can and hope you won't need them after that